Reasons to Support Us
The following points are considered to be ‘planning issues’…
Retail / Employment:
- Up to 40 new retail jobs will be created for local residents at a difficult time for the national economy;
- A lack of discount food retailers within Dartford means that the proposal would improve choice and promote competition with up to 30% cost savings.
- The proposed mixed use development would re-vitalise a brownfield site.
- The new Lidl store is likely to attract more investment into Dartford.
- Contemporary two storey building with a mixture of materials that are in-keeping with the local area.
- The proposed design responds to the site’s context and surrounding built environment.
- Sustainable construction techniques will be employed as well as the use of sustainable materials.
- Lidl operate a highly energy efficient business with a strong commitment to recycling and the use of energy efficient equipment and techniques within the store to reduce carbon emissions.
- The site is located on the edge of the town centre of Dartford. Customer cycle bays are positioned close to the store entrance to provide sustainable trips. In addition a bus stop is located close to the site.