How To Support Us
If you are keen to see a Lidl foodstore in Dartford, please show your support for the proposed Lidl application in 3 ways:
- Visit: our petition site and sign our online petition.
- Write a support letter or send a support email, and send copies to and/or telephone your local Councillors.
The online petition will demonstrate the overall level of support for the Lidl application. However, personal letters/emails/phonecalls of support will carry significantly more weight. To give the Lidl application the best chance of success, please help us by voicing your support
- Submit a formal support comment directly to the Dartford’s planning website by following the link to the Lidl application, which we will add here soon.
Letters or emails need not be long, but should concentrate on ‘planning issues’ to be the most effective. Example ‘planning issues’ are outlined on the Reasons To Support Us page
Please write to us and (if possible) send copies to and/or telephone your local Councillors (addresses and contact details can be found via the Councillor Contacts link):
- Planning Department, Dartford Council. c/o Lidl Dagenham Property Office,1st floor, 807-826 Longbridge road, Dagenham, RM8 2DB. The letter heading should read: “Proposed Lidl Foodstore – Former Dartford Police Station, Instone Road, Dartford, DA1 2JN”.
- Email us at email@example.com and (if possible) cc and/or telephone your local Councillors. The subject should be “Proposed Lidl Foodstore – Former Dartford Police Station, Instone Road, Dartford, DA1 2JN”.
If you do not support our draft proposals you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments that you wish to make.